The MAPping activity I completed was eye opening. I have
always used caution when looking up information on the internet but apparently
I was not cautious enough. The November Learning site has great references that
I will be using from now on. In the future while searching the internet I will
be looking into who is publishing the information and the purpose. I will also
pay close attention to the extension to see what type of web address the site
is. In the past I have been guilty of using Google and choosing one of the
first few choices instead of looking deeper into the sites available. In the
past I have used mostly peer reviewed journal articles, but any other
information I have used I don’t feel confident in at all.
It is my responsibility to teach my students
how to find reliable sources and not believe everything they read off of a
website. If we fail to teach them these skills they might believe that
everything they read on the internet is the truth which could lead to very
negative consequences. There are many hate sites on the internet and students
must know how harmful these sites are. If we don’t teach them who will?
Delicious
I see many advantages in using Delicious. I bought my laptop
for school about three years ago and I always bookmark any site that I feel
will be useful for my education and also for my students education. When I
imported my bookmarks I had over 400 bookmarks. Now I understand why it took me
so long to find something, and I also discovered very useful sites I had
forgotten about. With Delicious I can tag all of the sites I need and I will be
able to pull them up by subject instead of searching through all of them. For my classroom I can tag all the math
sites, reading, social studies, etc and when I need them I can go directly to
those sites. I can also network Delicious with other teachers and we can share
useful sites with one another.
While exploring other bookmarking sites I felt that Blinklist was very similar to Delicious. I will stay with Delicious since I am already working on getting my bookmarks organized. . If I were looking for bookmarking for entertainment purposes such as YouTube I would use Toobla, I do like how it captures screen shots of the lined pages. Diigo seemed to be a little more advance bookmarking site and I want something that is simple to use for now, but I am exploring it further as I have more time because I think it has wonderful possibilities. There seems to be bookmarking sites for any type of user.
While exploring other bookmarking sites I felt that Blinklist was very similar to Delicious. I will stay with Delicious since I am already working on getting my bookmarks organized. . If I were looking for bookmarking for entertainment purposes such as YouTube I would use Toobla, I do like how it captures screen shots of the lined pages. Diigo seemed to be a little more advance bookmarking site and I want something that is simple to use for now, but I am exploring it further as I have more time because I think it has wonderful possibilities. There seems to be bookmarking sites for any type of user.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.