Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Week 8 - My Aha's/Reflection


It is hard to believe that ETEC 524 has passed so fast. I can honestly say that I had many “Aha” moments throughout the semester. One of my standout Aha moments was the fact that podcast are very easy to make and their benefits in the classroom are endless. I will continue to think on ways that I can implement podcast in the classroom and ways that my students can create and use podcast in their learning. I knew there were many free technology resources that can be implemented in the classroom but I am amazed at the number of resources I had not heard of or tried before taking this class. I will implement all the technologies I have learned into my lesson plans. I now believe more than before that educational technology should be used as much as possible because the students were born into a world full of technology and when they are in the classroom it shouldn’t be any different. Students should not feel they are stepping back into the stone ages when they enter the classroom and not utilizing technology is teaching students in the past, not the present or the future.
I will continue using my blog. I can always go back and reflect on what I have learned and how much I have grown. My blog is a great place to keep my reflections of educational technologies that I am learning and researching. By continuing to use and update my blog could also help other teachers who are looking into technologies to use in their classroom, so it could help others. This class has been a great learning experience for me that have given me the tools and skills to help my classroom be exciting and relevant to students in the world they live in. I am very excited and looking forward to using technology in my classroom. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.