Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Blog Reflection #6 - Podcast: Can you hear me now?


After reading articles and creating my podcast I do believe that online learning does take away the face-to-face interaction that a lot of people need. Some people enjoy online learning, I am among the people who do. When taking an online class and actually hearing my instructor’s voice I do feel more connected. I think using podcast can help create a piece of the connection that is missing with online classes. I am a visual and auditory learner and watching the podcast from my instructor of what is expected each weeks greatly helps me to understand and process what I need to do.

The purpose of my podcast was to share how easy it is to make a picture book or any type of book online to share with students. I read the book and explained how the creation of such books can be used in the classroom. The website I used to create the book is http://www.bookemon.com/. I feel there are many ways using podcast can enhance learning in life and in the classroom. Podcast can also be created and used to help a struggling student to have a better understanding. Once the podcasts are made they can be used over again for years to come, or until other technologies take its place.

The technologies I used to create my podcast were Jing to capture the video/audio because ti was very easy to use and it didn’t take but just a few minutes to explore and know how to use the software. I signed up for Screencast to store and share my podcast. I used Microsoft LifeChat-LX-3000 to record the audio. I could not use the microphone on my laptop because it picked up the noise from my laptop fan. I was not difficult to create a podcast, but mentally it was overwhelming at first because I knew that my voice would be on the internet. It took a quite a few sessions to get the podcast right but in the end I was happy with it. I do plan to use podcast in the future. I feel there are many ways it can be used in the classroom and in life. I am looking forward to coming up with fun and creative podcast for my classroom.


My Podcast: http://www.screencast.com/t/aNN9xxkptg



Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

1 comment:

  1. Great work, Vicki - remember that you can limit who can listen to your podcast in screencast if you want to - that my take away a little of the anxiety.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.